Our second Wednesday is here. I got to school this morning, dragged myself down to the office to face my weigh in and....... Nothing! I haven't lost a single pound. Our wonderful secretary tried to make me feel a little bit better by pointing out that I hadn't gained any weight, and I honestly am glad for that. In the last several months, I've fluctuated around a ten pound range quite a bit, so I at least didn't do that.
This past week has been a struggle for me in my personal life and in my weight loss goals. After having two and a half weeks off from school (snow days bought us a few extra days), I have been having a very hard time getting back into the swing of things. I was surprised because I didn't have that problem during Fall Break, which was also two weeks. I can't seem to get back on a normal sleep schedule, I feel so out of sync in my classroom, and I feel like I can't find time to get anything done. I'm also having issues in my home. My basement keeps flooding no matter what we do to try to fix the problem. The ground has been so wet lately that our cars have been getting stuck.
Today, in particular, was a terrible day for me. Somehow, there was some confusion with my roommate on the time I get up to get ready in the morning, and when I went to take my shower, he was already in there. This obviously led to a late start in my day. Then, as I was driving to work, I hit a deer! I know it happens, but it could have happened on a different day. That left me in a pretty pouty mood right before I had to do my weigh in. After all of this, I wanted to grab some food after school, but I had also forgotten my purse at home. It has just not been my day.
I've also had a lot of problems sticking to an exercise schedule. I know everyone says you just have to make time for it, but I really find that so difficult. I only got in two runs last week, when I would really like to be doing three days of running, with at least one other day of another training. This week, I ran on Monday with the plan to run on Wednesday and Friday as well. I'm a big believer in taking a day off between workouts. However, I had forgotten that I had also already committed to taking tickets at basketball games Wednesday and Friday, so there go my runs. Obviously I can do it on Thursday and Saturday, but it's so frustrating that my schedule is already so messed up.
My biggest success in the last week is that I've been making much better meal choices. There have been a few times when I've slipped and eaten stuff I probably shouldn't, but it's definitely been in moderation, which I've heard is the key to weight loss success.
Hopefully by next week, I'll be able to get a stronger routine that will lead to some actual weight loss!
No comments:
Post a Comment