Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weight Loss Challenge Week 1

The weight loss challenge has officially begun as of today.  Unfortunately, I didn't actually get to weigh in.  We are supposed to check in with the nurse in which ever school we teach (elementary, middle, or high school), and ask them to weigh us.  When I checked in the morning, my nurse was very busy, so I finally got to talk to her at the end of the day, but she said it would be best to weigh in early in the morning, so I will do my first weigh in tomorrow.  Also, I will normally be putting pictures up, but those didn't get done today.  Just take my word for it, I'm not any smaller :).  I have started my running program up again (I took a little break over the holidays).  I have also been trying to eat more healthy.  I have made my first recipe of the week, which I will post about on Friday.  I have also been weighing my options more carefully.  Last night, while my husband were out to eat, I had a choice of loaded potato or chicken tortilla soup, and although I would have liked the potato soup more, I definitely realized that the chicken tortilla soup was much healthier and chose it.  I have also entirely cut soda from my diet.  Honestly, I didn't drink too much anyway, but it's never my choice now.  Oddly enough, now is the only time I've been craving, so I'm sure I'll cheat every once in a while, but I really don't think that is really that bad.

That's my number one rule in this endeavor.  I'm going to try to be healthier, but I'm not going to deny myself anything.  I want to make smarter choices, but that doesn't mean I can never eat a cookie.  It just means that I can't eat several cookies every day.  I love Taco Bell, and no program is going to make me stop eating it forever.  I firmly believe that I can eat whatever I want as long as I only eat the unhealthy foods in moderation.  I also think that exercise is incredibly important, so I will continue to run at least three times every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment