Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Start of a Long Journey

In the last several years, (basically, since I left high school) I have become quite inactive and gained a lot of weight.  I was never exactly a twig, nor will I ever be.  My very wide hips definitely make sure of that.  However, I would love to be healthier.  In the last four months, I started running, and I've actually run a couple 5K races so far.  I'm really enjoying the fact that my pants are starting to feel a little looser as well.  Last week, I recieved an email at work about a weight loss challenge that will be starting next week.  I was thrilled when I learned about it because I work best when I have something keeping me accountable.  I decided to not only participate in the challenge, but to document my progress on a blog.  The challenge only runs for eight weeks, but my goal is keep up this lifestyle for even longer.  I'll be posting my progress, as well as running inspiration, race stats, favorite recipes, and probably the many set backs I will come across, and hopefully, by the end, I will be a slimmer, but more importantly, a healthier person.  


No comments:

Post a Comment