My biggest inspiration to start this endeavor was definitely my mom. She started running about two years ago, and it has totally changed her life. Not only does she look better than she ever has, she has found something she truly loves to do. She has done many races now, including a marathon, and already has eight races lined up for the first five months of 2014. She gives me the motivation I need to keep going. As she always says, she's twice my age so, if she can do it, I can do it. She has also bought me most of my running gear. She bought me several clothes that make running so much easier. Then for Christmas, she got me some amazing gifts. One of the biggest problems I had during my first two races was that my feet were KILLING me. My mom figured out that my shoes were terrible for me. I've always had incredibly wide feet, and normal shoes can work as long as I'm not doing too much activity in them. Running is apparently too much activity. To fix this problem, my mom got me running shoes that really fit! Aren't they beautiful?
Along with those fabulous shoes, she also got me a running watch! These watches are very expensive and nice. Not only will it track your time, it will also track your distance and pace. I loved it when I ran with my mom's, and I hated running my races not knowing where I was in the race. It's so much easier to motivate yourself when you know how far you have gone and how fast you are going. It's also pretty cute too.
Now I have all of the gear I need to get really into my running. I have offically made my goal for this year to run a mini-marathon. There is one in October I want to do. I know it's ten months away, but the training for it really needs to start now, especially for me. Wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment